Friday, August 24, 2007

Dugan's Car Ride

A little while ago I had to take Dugan to the vet. Thankfully, Dugan loves his car rides. So, into my SUV we go and headed off to the vet. He laid down in the back and got all comfy and such. While stopped at a red light, Dugan gets up and is sniffing like mad. He's looking out the window and whining like crazy. So I look over to see what the fuss is about:

Me: What is Dugan?
Dugan: whine, whine, WHINE! (translation: I want McDonald's!)
M: No, we're not stopping! We're already running late.
D: whine whine Whine! (But, they have a drive-thru!)
M: I said no!
D: whine whine Whine! (But I want a happy meal!)
M: I don't care if you want a happy meal! Look the light turned green, lay down and give it a rest.
D: whimper, whimper, WHINE! (You're so mean!)

So we arrived at the vet on time and I promised Dugan I'll get him a treat later. At the vet, I discovered that my big boy, is indeed a really BIG boy. He topped the scale at 95 pounds. Not completely unheard of for a greyhound, but it's not something you see everyday. Also found out that Dugan has extremely low thyroid levels, which means he's hypothyroid. He'll need to be on medicine for the rest of his life, but it also explains why he gained so much weight so quickly. Unfortunately, Dugan really didn't like going to the vet and gave me attitude for the rest of the day. He's such a brat!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

You're such a mean mom!

Cindy

http://beethovensears.com