Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Socks are Done!

I finally finished my baby-cable socks! Yay!!! They look pretty good for my first pair of socks, however they're a little big.
The Stats:
Yarn: Regia Tweed 6 ply (70% new wool; 25% polyamid; 5% viscose) color number 53
Needles: US 3 (3.25 mm)
Gauge: 7 st per inch
Pattern from Sensational Knitted Socks by Charlene Schurch

Betty checking out my new socks!
And this one is a close-up of the baby-cable pattern (I've also seen it called the mock cable or right-twist):

I'm starting on some embroidery kits that have been laying around for while. Though I'm searching for a table runner with a winter scene on it, which I know I have in one of these boxes, I did find a needlepoint pillow I finished a while ago. It's one of my favorite pieces so I decided to add it here for others to enjoy! Angel Playing Guitar pillow from a kit:
Here's a close-up of her face:

1 comment:

Lucy said...

Lovely socks - this book is on my Santa wish list - Congratulations on the finish!! Love love love your doggies!