Tuesday, December 18, 2007

D-O-N-E!

It was 10 o'clock on Monday night. I had just finished editing my final paper and was preparing it to be sent. I wrote a brief note to my professor and attached the documents. Slowly, almost hesitantly I pressed the "send" button. I was done! I had finished all my required coursework, I turned in my papers, I finished my projects, and I read my last textbook. I am finished with school! I walked in graduation on Saturday Dec 15th. I was so happy and beside myself. Though I do admit, I'm not "official." I'm still waiting on final grades, but I feel confident to say that I have graduated and obtained my Master's in Library and Information Science.
After I hit that send button, I started laughing. Hysterically laughing, like the kind of laughter that can only come when you reached the top of the mountain. I was giddy and nearly crying. My poor hounds thought I had completely lost my mind from one too many late nights. But I am satisfied at my accomplishment.
Now the tough part: finding a job...Anyone need a newly minted librarian?

1 comment:

Cindy said...

CONGRATULATIONS, CONGRATULATIONS!! I knew you would get all that work done on time! I'm so proud of you!!!!

Cindy