So I needed something to knit to take my mind off my delayed move. I wanted something to keep my mind busy so I decided to work on Branching Out as most of my other WIPs are packed away (including my books and needles). Pulling from a limited amount of stash, since most of that is packed away too, I decided to work on the lace scarf with Schaefer's Anne in The Blues colorway. I don't have a swift and ball-winder so I knew I had to hand-wind the hank. I was doing pretty good with keeping it from getting tangled too. Until it hit a snag, which turned into a tangle, which turned into this:
After much fighting with it, I finally winded enough to start the project. I had to frog and restart because I did the cast-on too tight, but it's now looking pretty good:
I can't wait to see it all done and blocked.