Friday, July 18, 2008

New Knitting Bag

For my birthday I decided to get a new knitting bag. I didn't want anything expensive or fancy, just something to carry and store my bigger projects in. It must have a zippered top though. Over on Knitter's Review Forum, someone mentioned the site The Animal Rescue Site. That's where I picked up this cute little bag, called the Pink Diva Floral Duffel:

While the bag is made of vinyl, not what I really wanted but that's ok, it still feels pretty sturdy and has a nice size zippered interior, two end side pouches and a zippered front pocket. It also has two zippered slots in the back so you can either use them as a pocket or as a place to slide your bag onto a rolling case like this:

I like that the inside can hold my yarn-tainer and the baby blanket.

I'm quite happy with the bag! I also recommend this site for anyone who wants a unique gift and wants to support a good cause. It's not just for animal rescue either! On the website are links to other stores that raise money and awareness for breast cancer, world hunger, literacy, child health care, and rain forest conservation. A large portion of the goods sold were handcrafted or come from developing nations/regions that the website sponsors. And let's say you don't want to buy anything; go there anyway and click on the big button that says "click here." It costs you nothing and you're still helping to support these worthy causes. Consider it good karma!

Obligatory greyhound picture (Because Dugan is so cute wearing my socks):

4 comments:

Jenn said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! How funny that I thought of checking this today. I didn't realize it was your birthday. What a cute bag - I love it! Are you still in town? If so, we should do lunch or something. :)

Mic said...

Hey Jenn, yep I'm still in town. The DC gig didn't pan out and I'm still trying to sell the condo. I'm waiting to hear back on a few jobs. We should do lunch or something, drop me a line! :-)

Cindy said...

Happy belated birthday!

Mic said...

Thanks Cindy! Hope everything is going good for you!!