Monday, November 17, 2008

Dugan's Doggy Coat

I started this for the Ravelympics, but realized that the coat was too small when I was halfway through. I tossed it aside trying to figure out how to modify the pattern or to just frog it and start over. I was even making the largest size available, but Dugan is pretty big for a greyhound. The belly strap needed at least an extra two inches. I decided to plow on and compensate with adding another belly strap on the other side of the coat. If I had known at the time I cast on for the belly strap that I needed more width, I could have avoided some of this trouble. I also screwed up the rump shaping, but it's not too bad. If I had to do everything all over again, I'll start right off the bat with a longer gusset front and more stitches around the neck and chest. I would also do less side shaping and of course the larger belly strap. Other than that this is a really nice pattern for your greyhound! Here's some pictures of Dugan in his coat as well as the Specs:

Dugan Sidebutton Dog Coat
Size: XL
Yarn: Lion Brand Wool-Ease Worsted in Natural



3 comments:

Cindy said...

Cute!

Did you move yet?

I sure did-I'm on the other side of the earth and having a great time! Look for me on Facebook under my real name if you want to see photos.

Cindy

Mic said...

Yes and no. I'm working in Ocala for Marion County Public Library. I stay with my parents when I'm up there, they live just south of Ocala. However, I still haven't sold my condo yet. I'll go look for you on facebook. Are you still blogging on Beethoven's ears?

Cindy said...

No, I haven't been blogging. I need to start again, but I'm SO BUSY now, and I don't have my laptop (it crashed a couple of months ago). I have to use the one Staff Computer to get online!

Is MCPL any better?

Cindy