Friday, February 20, 2009

Knitting Updates!

With the loss of Betty, I got behind on a lot of stuff. I got a stack of posts that I need to work through. I'm starting with the finished knitting objects as I finished quite a bit.

Let's start with:

Grey Coronet Cap:
Pattern: Coronet Cap from Knitty, Winter 2003
Yarn: Paton's Classic Wool in Grey Mix
Size: Medium
Fun and easy knit no alterations and the cable was very easy. The hardest part was picking up the stitches along the cabled band. That's also one of the last pictures of Betty, she was always such a great model!


Rosy Garden Dystopian Mitts:

Pattern: Dystopian Mitts of the Future (a ravelry download)
Yarn: Schaefer Yarn Co., Lola in a pink/green/purple colorway
Size: as called for but with negative ease to fit snugly
This was an easy knit and I love the yarn. I still have enough yarn for another set of fingerless mitts.


Little Grey Dumpling Bag:

Pattern: Dumpling Bag from Interweave Knits Fall 2008
Yarn: Paton's Classic Wool in Grey Mix with cotton floss embroidery
Size: as called for in pattern
This is felted after you knit it. I love how it came out with the embroidery. In the mag they suggest embroidering it before felting, but I wanted a more sharper look. Great little knit, you can whip these out quickly fr gifts and they are a great canvas for customizing!

Kiera Lace Socks:

Pattern: Kiera Lace Socks from knitting-socks.com
Yarn: Schaefer Yan Co., Anne in The Blues colorway
Size: as called for in pattern
It feels like I've been knitting these forever! I'm so glad that they're done. They came out great and I love them! There's some more great patterns on that site that I can't wait to get to!

No comments: