Sunday, January 9, 2011

A Sad Loss

On Dec 7, 2010, I lost Dugan to cancer. It spread to his hind leg and he fell down. The old guy was in a lot of pain, so he was helped gently across the rainbow bridge. I miss my big sweet boy. He was one of the nicest, gentlest dogs I've ever met. Just before he crossed a new little greyhound came into my life. So with a heavy heart, but a new little one to take care of, I say goodbye to Dugan.


Duke Daddy

Dugan

12/3/97 - 12/7/10

Dugan lost his battle to bone cancer. He battled his cancer well, living almost a year after his diagnosis; a year I'm truly blessed to have. It's hard to imagine my house without the big guy lounging around. He was a big dog for a greyhound and most people couldn't believe how gentle and sweet he was. He was truly a gentle giant and his sweetness earned him the nickname "my little guy." He came to me as a foster and found a permanent home instead. He loved getting his ears scratched and his belly rubbed. He loved going for walks, and he made me laugh. I know he's running free with Betty and I'm sure between the two of them they're stealing someone's food somewhere.

I love you, Dugan, thank you for staying with me.

Love, Michelle

No comments: