Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Limiting Wheat and Gluten

So I'm not allergic to wheat, that's the good news. I am however sensitive to it. From what I can gather it's a gluten-intolerance. I can eat some wheat, but once I eat something high in gluten, like pizza dough, I start getting tummy troubles. :-( Oh well, at least I don't have to completely cut wheat from my diet. Though I feel so much better without it. I don't really miss it either, which is a good thing. I guess once you stop eating something for a month you don't quite notice that it's gone. Though those donuts yesterday were mocking me....

We're still trying to find out what's causing my rash on my arms. I'm in the process of doing the skin patch test for contact allergies. It's not fun. :-( But so far I'm not allergic to any foods, oak, pollen, dust or the like. :-)

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Hey Michelle - I've stopped eating gluten and severely limiting soy and I feel much, much better, too! I buy millet & flax bread from a bakery, gluten-free chocolate chip cookie dough and gluten-free brownie mix from Target, of all places.

Glad to hear you're feeling better! How's the Librarian life treating you?

Mic said...

Cindy! How are you? I'm doing great! I live and work in Marion County now. Things are doing well with me. The librarian life has been good since I left Hills. :-)